Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014, I'm coming for ya.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

2014...man..doesn't that sound weird? Is it me or did 2013 completely fly by. I find myself saying that a lot now. It kind of scares me how fast everything is happening nowadays. Its like...CAN I JUST HAVE A MINUTE TO ENJOY IT! slow down life, slow the f*ck down.

So as I sit here and write this post and reflect upon this past year I can't help but get a tad bit emotional. Lets review, shall we?

I made some new friends. I had my last basketball season of highschool. I graduated highschool. I worked with the Autism Project. I got into a great college. I had my heart broken. I turned 18. I became closer with my family. I met someone who makes me smile everyday. I lost members of my family. I started my youtube. I started a blog. I lost friends. I realized more about myself this past year than I ever have before. (and so on and so on)

2013 for me came with so many ups and a good handful of downs. I can honestly say though, without everything that happened I wouldn't be the person I am today. Each day I'm realizing new things, understanding whats important to me and whats not, who actually deserves to be in my life and who doesn't and most importantly I'm finally starting to figure who I want to be and my own self worth.

So this new year, I decide I shouldn't make any cazy resolutions, but instead just add things to my already growing "daily life" sorta list.
- stay healthy and realize going to the gym is not a demand but yet a lifestyle
- detach from my phone
- not make social media my life
- find real/true people who can only better your life
- don't care what everyone else thinks or says about what YOU do
- don't be so hard on yourself
- everything will work out the way it's supposed to workout
-Be happy. Because if you're not happy with yourself, who can be happy for you?

I'm ready for this New Year. I don't want it to be "just another year" though. I think it's time to ditch the "I'm sorry for myself" attitude and just be positive and go after my crazy dreams.

Because at this point...what do I have to lose? Answer: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Do something adventurous this year. Think outside the box. Don't be afraid. Oh and most importantly,
Don't Forget Your Smile.
- xoxo Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment