Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A Time To Be Thankful.

Logging into FaceBook nowadays has a 50/50 chance of potentially finding out some bad news you never thought imaginable. As I signed into my FB last night I stumbled upon a horrible post, a remembrance post of a girl I once had the pleasure of knowing. I was shocked. Could't move my hand to scroll any further for a solid 5 minutes. A girl one year younger than me had past away, tragically. I'm not sure how, I know little of the passing, but what I do know is that she had so much life within her and so much good to offer in this crazy world. That girl, that smiling, sassy and amazing spit fire was taken far to soon. For the little time I knew her she had one of the best personalities I stumbled upon that summer in 2011. She was someone who you instantly clicked with and you couldn't help but laugh when hearing her contagious laugh. It's almost surreal looking at pictures and seeing posts from hundreds of people remembering good times with her.

How is she gone?
That's life. 
It's a mystery.

One day you are talking to friends, laughing at a snapchat, trying to complete a project due the next day, going to the mall, watching your favorite Netflix show, everything is pretty good. And the next moment, all that is stripped away.  Life can be taken away in an instant, that all it takes, an instant. 
Coming across a tragedy such as thinks makes you think long and hard about all you have in your own life and all you have to be thankful for. 
As I found out the news, I texted my cousin and all we could say to each other is "I love you." Sometimes you just need to remind the ones you love how much you truly care for them. And even on random days, tell your family you love them, text your grandma, text your siblings, always make time for the ones you love because you never know when things can change. You never need a reason to spread love. 

There is little time in this lifetime to have anything but a positive outlook on things. Sure we all get down sometimes, sure we have our bad days where we feel close to nothing, but in the grand scheme of things we are ALL worth something and have a reason and purpose for being on this earth. 
Find that purpose.
Take control of your life and find your happiness.
And hey, don't forget your smile. 

Rest in the sweetest peace Jess, hope heaven opened you with open arms. You will never be forgotten. Fly high. 



No comments:

Post a Comment